Cabin - Nature's Window
1. You!! - The people who join our trips come from all walks of life and range in age from 8 to 91. We get a mixture of singles, couples and families. What you all share in common is a spirit of adventure and a willingness to experience the natural world in the most profound and intimate level. As our guest, what matters most to us is that you have the best vacation possible. We take care of everything, so you can relax and enjoy your adventure.
2. Guides!! - It's the experience, professionalism and personality of your guides that ultimately make your trip a success. We only hire the best guides who know their kayaking and outdoor skills as second nature, enjoy people, love and respect the environment and keep a constant eye on safety. Each trip has experienced guides to take care of all your needs and to make sure you get the most out of your time with us.
3. Food!! - Food is one of the key elements that make our tours truly great as well as a source of a great many compliments from our guests. We pride ourselves on preparing top quality meals in an outdoor setting. Whenever possible we harvest fresh seafood and purchase food from the local shops. We believe in supporting local business and making a contribution to the local economy. Most dietary restrictions can be happily accommodated with advance notice.
4. Equipment!! - We provide all kayaking and camping gear including waterproof bags, roomy dome tents, comfortable camp chairs and sleeping pads. You need only bring your clothes and personal gear. Sleeping bags are available for rent. You shouldn't have to go to the trouble or expense of pre–trip shopping. Every piece of equipment we use is top quality and we maintain our kayaks in perfect working order.
5. Small Groups!! - We limit the number of guests on our tours to a maximum of 10,but we prefer 6 to 8. Smaller groups mean that we'll have less impact on the environment and you get more individual attention resulting in the highest quality vacation possible, and also everyone has a chance to get to know each other more intimately.
6. Service!! - We make a strong commitment to customer satisfaction. When you sign up, we'll send you our extensive trip information booklet detailing all aspects of your adventure, covering everything from travel arrangements to wildlife. Our goal is to make sure your vacation is hassle–free.That's a great value! During the trip our quality service continues. We'll help you settle into camp, plan the days' activities, then prepare delicious meals.
7. References!! - The majority of our guests come to us through referrals and many have chosen to travel with us more than once! If you have any questions about us or our ability to offer quality tours, we invite you to give us a call and request a list of previous Adventure High guests. They have given their permission for you to contact them to answer your questions.
8. Natural History!! - Our trips reflect a strong interest in whales, birds, islands and sea life. Interpretation is an important part of what we do. We make learning fun and understandable. We identify one species of whale from another by the size and shape of it's spout and we believe that the more you understand about the area and it's natural history, the more you'll appreciate it.
9. NO Experience is Necessary!! - You don't need any prior experience to join our tours. With the help of experienced guides, novices can safely enjoy their outdoor adventures. The skills necessary for our tours can be learned quickly and easily by anyone in good health. Possessing a positive attitude and sense of adventure are more important than being in great shape.
10. Repeat Customer Discounts!! - We offer price discounts of 10% to repeat customers. If you're able to get a group of 10 or more people together, you can join us for free!
Adventure High emphasizes safety at all times! However, due to the fact that we deal with some elements which are beyond our control (weather, ocean conditions etc.) there may be some risk encountered in our tours. Clients participate at their own risk and will be required to sign a waiver prior to departure on all adventures.
Food is one of the key elements that make our tours truly great. We pride ourselves on preparing top quality meals in a outdoor setting. Whenever possible we harvest fresh seafood and purchase food from the local shops. We believe in supporting local business and making a contribution to the local economy. Most dietary restrictions can be happily accommodated with advance notice.
Yes, safety is paramount for us! Each of our tours begins with an introduction to basic skills required. Our kayaks are stable, responsive and easy to handle no matter what your skill level happens to be. Our bikes are serviced weekly. Most important of all, our guides treat your safety, comfort and welfare as their highest priority! Our guides are certified in wilderness first aid and CPR. All trips are fully outfitted with the best quality kayaking, cycling, camping and safety gear. Our guides carry two-way radios/phones for daily check-in's and for use in the unlikely event of an emergency.
Our kayaks are easy and comfortable to paddle and a complete beginner will have no problem completing our programs. We use professionally rigged and very stable sea kayaks - both double and single passenger models. Each kayak has watertight hatches for your gear. All kayaks are rigged with a simple foot rudder system which helps you track your course almost effortlessly. All tours begin with a comprehensive instructional session on the first morning. Once we depart on our tour, our paddling days will last an average of three to four hours with plenty of rest and snack stops.
Yes, we would be happy to prepare and arrange a "custom" tour for you. Tell us what you have in mind and we will help put a package together, designed exactly to your wishes! If you are searching for that perfect honeymoon your search is over. Just ask one of the many couples who have begun their memories with us.
The success of our tours hinges on the people that are responsible for their outcome. Adventure High staff are friendly, mature professionals with a vast amount of sea kayaking, cycling and riding experience in a wide variety of areas. In addition they are thoughtful leaders, and interesting knowledgeable companions who take pride in learning about the history, the people and the ecology of the environment in which they live and work. They are all truly committed to making your stay with us the best that it can be and to ensure - in their own way - that you create lasting memories.
Yes, for most trips you can bring the children along. We do, however, have some trips that are not really designed for children so please call to determine which tours are appropriate.
Our programs are not designed to make you work hard but to the contrary, we expect you to enjoy yourself in a leisurely manner. On most kayaking trips there will be opportunities to explore, swim and take photographs. By sharing an appreciation of the sea, you may even make "life-long" friendships with others accompanying you on your tour. Bring the camera, binoculars and a few jokes for cycling trips too!
We supply everything but there are some clothing items that we suggest you do bring with you and these will vary according to the tour you choose. We will discuss all this with you when you have made that choice!
Yes! Sea kayaking, cycling and rappelling are activities for people of all ages and lifestyles. Easy to learn, no experience is needed - just a desire for fun. Our tours begin with instruction on the basic skills you will need to start your adventure. You may start as one of our many first-timers, but you'll end up feeling confident. An experienced guide is always close by to ensure your safety and to offer assistance. Whether you are in your teens, retired, or somewhere in-between, we have something for you! All you really need is to be in reasonably good health. Children are welcome on all of our adventures although there are specific age requirements for some activities. Please call us for details. Some of our skill courses (Wilderness First Aid, Technical Kayaking, Guide Training) do require a certain level of experience or knowledge. See individual descriptions for details.
Accommodation can be arranged for those not participating in our multi-day tours. Just tell us your preference - ocean front cottage, bed & breakfast, inn, or camp site. We do advise that you do not delay in making your accommodation arrangements. High season (June through September) boasts 95% occupancy rate on the island.
First you have to know where New Brunswick, Canada is!! From there it's a piece of cake! New Brunswick is one of the Maritime provinces on the eastern seaboard. Bordered by Quebec, Nova Scotia and Maine USA, our highways invite hassle-free travel to the southern town called Blacks Harbour, where your adventure begins. There you (and your car if desired) will board the Grand Manan V ferry for an exciting one and a half hour crossing on the Bay of Fundy heading for the Island of Grand Manan. Upon your arrival in North Head, venture south (left off the ferry) and within a minute or two you will be here.
St. John N.B. - Blacks Harbour ferry terminal = 50 minutes
Fredericton N.B. - Blacks Harbour ferry terminal = 2 hours
St. Stephen N.B. (Which borders with Calais Maine, USA) - Blacks Harbour = 1 hour
Join us for free!
Located in the hub of the Island of Grand Manan, Adventure High is easy to find and takes pride in being part of one of the last remaining true fishing villages. Situated on Main Street in North Head, we are just minutes from the ferry terminal. While North Head is the hub of the island, Adventure High is the hub of outdoor activity! Our natural surroundings are our playground.
83 Route 776, Grand Manan, N.B., Canada E5G 1A2
Tel:(506)-662-3563 - Fax:(506)-662-1013
And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair- Kahil Gibran